Tuesday, August 2, 2016


August 2016

Dear Grade 6 Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to sixth grade.   I hope each of you had a fantastic summer.  I am very excited to work with you and your child.  I know this year will be a great one, filled with a wide variety of learning experiences for us. As a sixth grade teacher I stress academic and non-academic areas to help prepare your child for middle school. This is a very important year and I will encourage your child to become an independent learner and to understand the value of good study habits.

I think that communication is the important for students to be successful. Your child will be bringing home a student planner which will be used for homework and notes for communication. Please sign the planner Monday through Thursday to verify you have seen the assignments that are due (not that you have seen the completed work) sometimes assignments are completed at school. This year I started a blog it can be located at the Vergennes Elementary School webpage under faculty webpages or (http://vuesgrade6.blogspot.com/). The blog will be updated regularly to keep you current with new projects or upcoming events. 

Mr. Sam and I are hosting a welcome to sixth grade parent night on August 25 at 6 pm the new principal, Mr. Deblois will also be there to meet the incoming sixth grade families.

If you have anything to share don’t hesitate to call (877-3761) or email me (rwenzel@anwsu.org). Thank you in advance for your support. By working together, we can make this a wonderful year for all of us. You are a very important part of our sixth grade team.

Fondly,

Rose Wenzel

No comments:

Post a Comment